Skip to main content

Light And Life Within


Each day takes a breathing shift
With Man’s Holy Communion to welcome the next
And sweetly smiles with each serious sweat
Soaked with frail fears and tinkle tears
To fix existence, the coin-lives must mix

Sacrifice is everything, everything is sacrifice
Nothing happens without sweat or blood
Our lives are entanglement of each day’s covenant
Inside us are secret staircases to our truest best
Those noble paths left lifeless
Solomon’s ladders to the kingdom dome

If we don’t walk within
Walking without is eternal dream
For life must start from within
Within is where it begins
To live within is a wealthy appearance
To die within is a lifeless existence

Hope is meant to keep us not kill us
Faith is meant to make us grow not bury us
Love is meant to make us give the self not keep it

Our lives like water in a cask
With its faucet to regulate
The faucets range to each lives age
But in us all life fetches its drink

As we grow older
Life takes us farther
Farther away from yesterday
From where our truest self began

Each of us has made a covenant with a date
A day to leave this earthly estate
Our records in life slates
A silent rest we all shall taste

The mind that is young is free
The mind that is old is bound
The young day is full of light
The old day is filled with fright
Our first oxygen as our last
We will surely go to become breath of yesterday
Our good-byes like sweet kisses of past days
Without memory, the earth is relieved of us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diary of Arike

I have done it all. Yes. Slept with all kinds of men. The tall dark fine ones without six packs, the ugly dudes with smelling armpits, the fair ones with body hair well shaved like a trimmed garden. The naughty ones who would insist on everything, pushing and pulling you all over every sections till they ran out of zeal and the boastful ones who would just brag about everything but at the end of the day fall asleep like palm oil inside the bottle. My name is Arike. I would not say I am proud of the job, i don’t even know if i should say i did it for the money or whether to affirm that i did it for a long hatred without healing. I was disflowered when i was still young to know the mounting troubles of life. I was raped by a step father who took the advantage of my unloving mother. I would not blame him, I blame my dad who was drunk to the point of meeting death on the express way. Life has being everything to me- the good, the bad and the ugly. The constant rape never ceased after t

Unending Love Note

I write on a leafy note with an ink that prints out my thoughts incompletely. My words of love, spread affectionately in colourful fonts expressing my unmatched desire to pitch the best spot on your heart I write my words, thinking neither right nor left but with beaming smiles and eyes seeing you in each pages, of alphabets arranged in lines as I paste my emotions in letters I write of you Of an imperfect smiles yet beautiful for a queen and a wife Innocent looks melting my harden heart With soft touches like cold water Splashed on tender body A blessing to my soul I have written And won't be my last we have futured this together Even as we grow with kids and build a larger family I will still put words on paper sharing the odds and even moments of our days together I will write as our sons becomes good husbands I will still write as our daughters becomes virtuous wives This ink doth n

LOVE NOTE

Love is what I see in your eyes, the perfect beauty radiating from those gorgeous globes, and for many seconds I cannot see anything else for all I see is the world you are.   Love is all I feel, that pleasant moments spent together in splendor every night at the park, feelings that makes time and life precious with you and horrible without you. Love is all I hear every time you call those soft words out of that mouth, they are enchanting and I could only pray you say them forever. Those words give me strength to carry on. Love is what I touch in the grips of your palm, that special touch that heals me inside and makes me better than I was. A miracles happens whenever you touch me Love is the picture I hold in front of me; I stare at this all day to see a bright tomorrow in it. It occurs to me each time that you are not part of my future, you are my future.