Skip to main content

My Oluwadetan



I have read the minds of mortals like books with thousand pages
Scanned through hearts of creatures in a blink of an eye
Watched the glam of starry nights
Through the crescent birth of time in evening bloom,
Seen the shiny silvery coins mock the stains of sweaty face
And pretty gold stood the weight of fallen worth
But still my lady,
I have never seen a mind so calm in the midst of chaos like yours
Or seen a shiny smile so beautiful like an harvest of the sun’s gentle ray

I have seen the kingdoms of the earth in a flash of time
Learned about the deep treasures in Angels and Humans
Seen the distinct shades of natures in green around clustered trees
With curly roots tucked inside the earth’s bosom
Watched the stormy burst of the bluish Ocean, the smashing sleepless Sea
The silvery crown of the mountains with dews, dreaming delta of the river Nile
Sprinkling pattern of the dropping dew and an array of limbic lilies
But still my darling,
I have never seen a brow fondly wrapped with beaming smile
Or teeth with perfect gaps and matchless flaunt

I have seen the seasons of life and life of seasons
Experienced the taste of change and change of taste
The windy worth of winter’s wit, applausive aspiration of autumn’s hue
The steer of sporty spring followed by the sumptuous silk of summer suit
Fall and rise of water from a height, the matching boots of soldier ants
Gradient spread of the radiant raven across the glossy door of the sky
But my Oluwadetan,
I have never seen a lady as beautiful as you in daytime

Or found a lady born of woman as charming as you at night time

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diary of Arike

I have done it all. Yes. Slept with all kinds of men. The tall dark fine ones without six packs, the ugly dudes with smelling armpits, the fair ones with body hair well shaved like a trimmed garden. The naughty ones who would insist on everything, pushing and pulling you all over every sections till they ran out of zeal and the boastful ones who would just brag about everything but at the end of the day fall asleep like palm oil inside the bottle. My name is Arike. I would not say I am proud of the job, i don’t even know if i should say i did it for the money or whether to affirm that i did it for a long hatred without healing. I was disflowered when i was still young to know the mounting troubles of life. I was raped by a step father who took the advantage of my unloving mother. I would not blame him, I blame my dad who was drunk to the point of meeting death on the express way. Life has being everything to me- the good, the bad and the ugly. The constant rape never ceased after t

Unending Love Note

I write on a leafy note with an ink that prints out my thoughts incompletely. My words of love, spread affectionately in colourful fonts expressing my unmatched desire to pitch the best spot on your heart I write my words, thinking neither right nor left but with beaming smiles and eyes seeing you in each pages, of alphabets arranged in lines as I paste my emotions in letters I write of you Of an imperfect smiles yet beautiful for a queen and a wife Innocent looks melting my harden heart With soft touches like cold water Splashed on tender body A blessing to my soul I have written And won't be my last we have futured this together Even as we grow with kids and build a larger family I will still put words on paper sharing the odds and even moments of our days together I will write as our sons becomes good husbands I will still write as our daughters becomes virtuous wives This ink doth n

LOVE NOTE

Love is what I see in your eyes, the perfect beauty radiating from those gorgeous globes, and for many seconds I cannot see anything else for all I see is the world you are.   Love is all I feel, that pleasant moments spent together in splendor every night at the park, feelings that makes time and life precious with you and horrible without you. Love is all I hear every time you call those soft words out of that mouth, they are enchanting and I could only pray you say them forever. Those words give me strength to carry on. Love is what I touch in the grips of your palm, that special touch that heals me inside and makes me better than I was. A miracles happens whenever you touch me Love is the picture I hold in front of me; I stare at this all day to see a bright tomorrow in it. It occurs to me each time that you are not part of my future, you are my future.