Skip to main content

Unending Love Note

Unending Love Note Poem By Lawore Olufemi


I write on a leafy note
with an ink that prints
out my thoughts
incompletely.


My words of love,
spread affectionately
in colourful fonts
expressing my unmatched desire
to pitch the best spot on your heart


I write my words,
thinking neither right nor left
but with beaming smiles and eyes
seeing you in each pages,
of alphabets arranged in lines
as I paste my emotions in letters


I write of you
Of an imperfect smiles
yet beautiful for a queen and a wife
Innocent looks melting my harden heart
With soft touches like cold water
Splashed on tender body
A blessing to my soul


I have written
And won't be my last
we have futured this together
Even as we grow with kids
and build a larger family
I will still put words on paper
sharing the odds and even
moments of our days together


I will write as our sons
becomes good husbands
I will still write as our daughters
becomes virtuous wives

This ink doth not fade even as we age
to see many grand children
and watch as the little ones play
my words will be unending
In this, unfinished note


This note wont get filled up
as we spend our mornings
and nights,
spending them in wellness
and wealth
and as life walks away
beyond our footsteps
my darling, even to our old graves
you will still be the queen
that sets my passion on fire
to write this unfinished note.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Compatibility test

                                                                                       Before you choose, have it in mind that you are only allowed to choose 10 bullets from the must haves and ten bullets from the I can’t stand . These rules are not 100% sure but they serve to be a guide in minimizing our excesses in what we want from others. It helps prioritize our wants from our needs in a relationship without deception to the self; making us to cherry-pick the best that we want and we don’t want, so that healthy relationship can be ensured. If we are able...

Fairy Tales of the Deities…

I was there when Oludumare Sent Obatala on a journey to this planet I heard those echoes of words spoken And moved with the words of creation Obatala , dressed in supreme white Moulded and Oludumare blessed with breath My ancestors lived, but I existed I was a sparkle in the sword of Ogun The god of all metals All metals obeyed him with annealing fear And my ancestor worshipped in despair I was fire in the mouth of Sango , The god of thunder strike At the Alaafin , I watched as eyes sparked and flickered And Sango in an unfair mountain fury   Smote his antagonist I watched as god turned to mortal, Oba Koso. I was the distinct beauty of Oya god of rebirth; who in annoyance Turned the clayey land to a river Niger And Osun ; heart-broken dissolved to rivers of waters To heal, to revive and give woman, children Yemoja in blazing boastfulness Proved to be mother of waters Nurtured the best of water...

Why do you love breaking God’s heart?

Sometimes in our life we never wanted sin as a whole; all we wanted was to have a fun-time of our own – to enjoy the pleasures of this world without falling into traps- the pleasure comes and here we are falling into the deep well of sin again. Finally we break God’s heart another time. Why do you think you break God’s heart knowing for sure that you knew he loved you so much? Why do you just fall into those acts carelessly or enticingly after many days of asking for forgiveness? Why do you think you just feel like having your way despite knowing, it will hurt God so bad? Why do you love breaking God’s heart? The first time you gave your life to Christ you were overfilled with quantum leap of joy. You asked for forgiveness of your past sins; days to come you acted a clean script of God’s plan for your life and some days more you wanted that old thing- some pleasure for the moment hoping God forgives. He forgave, but only that he was so much dis...