Skip to main content

I love books

I love books

I love books. I seem not to understand why some people loathe them. While some people see them as just collation of papers with letters embedded in them, I see them as worthy friends with potentials to change the reader from the inside-out through thoughts reconstruction and purpose consciousness. Books wield too much power than any combination of weaponry! Sometimes, my imagination just flips to calling them my adopted kids but unlike little ones that suck and learn from a mother, they teach me things deeper and walk me the higher ladders of life while guiding me into positions. Books are full of wit and wisdom, very much strength can be drawn from them, the more I read them, the more the light is paved across the road for me and the more I study them, the more I found my feet incredibly so high across the tents of the earth.

Even the smells of books are overwhelming, the scents they give me spur the desire to breathe them in as oxygen like my life depends on them, and to be fair enough, they really do. Newly printed manuscripts, piled to a cover with creative design looks more like top models with fine body soaked in adorable body spray to steal our eyes away from their faults (truth they proclaim: do not judge a book by its cover), the smell as they hover across shelves of library and book stores though depreciates but still carries the originality of their carbonic scent to pick one or more and take with me. It seems it is a deliberate act by the publishers to knowingly capture attention not just with the design alone which attracts sense of sight but almost or all the sensory elements of the body. I love to have them beside me as I am through reading for the day so as to have them reveal more as I lose consciousness in my sleep.


As much as I desire the warmth-lovely-feeling of books and having them close beside me, I cannot but admire some wittingly crafty authors, gifted beyond and beneath to skillfully plot or lure us into every detail of their imaginations. I love more of those who take their time to put to papers, the thousand minds of the readers into their spaceships of creative genius- to take them into another planet overlooked as they interestingly are moved beyond words. I believe the best authors are the ones that can constructively lure us into the unknown galaxies and help us make a home within their fashioned imagination. There is more to books than just the words, artful diagrams and codified alphabets or letters, a good author knows for sure that the book must just pass beyond the sensory organs, it must find abode in the mind where it does the needful necessary: strike the reader, provoke a tissue of thoughts and birth a desire to create. As much as I love the beauty of books, the fine scent, the colorful suited covers, and arrangements of calligraphy, I am so much in love with those odd intelligent authors who are more inclined to the after-effects on their readers. A book that would not provoke a change is not worthy of my bed, my caress and my shelf. I love books but I love eccentric authors the more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diary of Arike

I have done it all. Yes. Slept with all kinds of men. The tall dark fine ones without six packs, the ugly dudes with smelling armpits, the fair ones with body hair well shaved like a trimmed garden. The naughty ones who would insist on everything, pushing and pulling you all over every sections till they ran out of zeal and the boastful ones who would just brag about everything but at the end of the day fall asleep like palm oil inside the bottle. My name is Arike. I would not say I am proud of the job, i don’t even know if i should say i did it for the money or whether to affirm that i did it for a long hatred without healing. I was disflowered when i was still young to know the mounting troubles of life. I was raped by a step father who took the advantage of my unloving mother. I would not blame him, I blame my dad who was drunk to the point of meeting death on the express way. Life has being everything to me- the good, the bad and the ugly. The constant rape never ceased after t

Unending Love Note

I write on a leafy note with an ink that prints out my thoughts incompletely. My words of love, spread affectionately in colourful fonts expressing my unmatched desire to pitch the best spot on your heart I write my words, thinking neither right nor left but with beaming smiles and eyes seeing you in each pages, of alphabets arranged in lines as I paste my emotions in letters I write of you Of an imperfect smiles yet beautiful for a queen and a wife Innocent looks melting my harden heart With soft touches like cold water Splashed on tender body A blessing to my soul I have written And won't be my last we have futured this together Even as we grow with kids and build a larger family I will still put words on paper sharing the odds and even moments of our days together I will write as our sons becomes good husbands I will still write as our daughters becomes virtuous wives This ink doth n

LOVE NOTE

Love is what I see in your eyes, the perfect beauty radiating from those gorgeous globes, and for many seconds I cannot see anything else for all I see is the world you are.   Love is all I feel, that pleasant moments spent together in splendor every night at the park, feelings that makes time and life precious with you and horrible without you. Love is all I hear every time you call those soft words out of that mouth, they are enchanting and I could only pray you say them forever. Those words give me strength to carry on. Love is what I touch in the grips of your palm, that special touch that heals me inside and makes me better than I was. A miracles happens whenever you touch me Love is the picture I hold in front of me; I stare at this all day to see a bright tomorrow in it. It occurs to me each time that you are not part of my future, you are my future.